September 23, 2011

Saved by the Blog

This is where I would like to be today. On a calm river, in a luxurious gondola, being serenaded by a funny Italian man and sitting next to someone I love. Many times, this is my happy place.

This week has literally been the craziest for me in a long time. I had my first day of school, which was great because I love school, but I've also been doing recruitment, going to work, and getting far less than 5 hours of sleep a night.

I'm trying my very best to keep it together and stay sane. If you saw me last night at 2:00am attempting to scratch my elbow with my toes, you would know that sanity is often not within my reach when I'm exhausted.

The best way to maintain cool, calm, and collected for me is to stay in contact with my parents and boyfriend who all tell me it'll be over soon. I try to not take my tiredness out on them, but this is often easier said than done. I also rely heavily on coffee while trying to eat as many fruits and veggies as I can - also easier said than done.

With all this madness, I find it hard to carve out even 15 minutes of blogging time. I've seen such incredible blogs about amazing girls and guys that have these fun, adventurous, busy lives. Where - I have to ask - WHERE do you find the time?! I've SO enjoyed starting this blog. I enjoy writing and meeting the other bloggers. In fact, it has in many ways helped me achieve sanity, and I am going to try keep it up as much as possible. I apologize in advance if the time between posts increases slightly and the content becomes more flustered during times like finals week and throughout the rest of recruitment.

OK, 15 minutes is up. Back to work.

xo
Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment